Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Holiday wrap-up

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! 

I managed to create a few more things- like this mini house stand.

I also made this snow flake of Lucas after seeing Vivian's snow flakes.

I wonder if the snow flake inspired the ice storm that hit our city a week before Christmas. It was so scary because a lot of us were without electricity 'til long after Christmas. On top of that I suffered the worst flu. Thankfully things got better after a few days.

My 40 th birthday followed after Christmas- and I received such lovely gifts from friends across the border.

I got a lovely infinity scarf from Tammy and these wonderful treasures from Natalea. My dear Husband got me a Honda Pilot :)

Then we packed our bags and headed over to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls. We celebrated my birthday in their life-size gingerbread house.

I will never forget the speeches that everyone said that night. It brought tears to my eyes.

Then we quickly moved on to the new years festivities there. After watching fire works, we danced and had a ball drop in the lobby.

It was a wonderful way to end the year. Now I'm working on an instagram album for 2013. All the best to you in the new year!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sandy, all the best to you and your family for 2014.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived the awful storm, the flu and your 40th! Happy birthday, again! The 40's are good...... they go quickly..... has to do with the age of your kids! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ice storm was amazing . . . Happy 40th kiddo! Your kids are adorable :O) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo.. the big 40! Im glad you had a happy birthday and a merry christmas.. and a happy new year.. and you survived the ice storm... (so did we.. but I was not happy to lose power!)
    heehee.. cute snowflake!
    miss ya! I miss Nat too! I hope we can get together in the spring! maybe we should have an easter crafting weekend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!
    We had some of that ice earlier in December and it wasn't fun. Thankfully, we didn't lose power and I was so grateful for that.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the new year has in store for all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Sandy and a belated Happy Birthday, too! 40 was my most favorite age...I started to like myself at 40 and appreciate how my life experiences had shaped me. Enjoy every day and stay well! Congratulations on your new card, too. See, there are some perks with a milestone birthday!!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a most wonderful 2014~ filled with tons of fun, good health and laughter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I just love your comments :)