Saturday, December 21, 2013

Counting down to Christmas

The holidays were extra special this year- because we got to see the Rockefeller tree and all the decor in Manhattan.

When we got back from New York, we got into full birthday mode- as Lucas was turning 8. I made him a way cool Minecraft cake and threw him a party with his friends- at Mc Donalds. 

This past week we got so much snow! Looks like we are going to have a white Christmas for the first time in a long time.

The weather got me in the mood to cook lots of hearty meals- like this chili.
 
I am so blessed to have my dear close friends- that I met through blogger. This past week I received some Christmas treasures from them. This sweet ornament was sent to me from Tammy.

Natalea always sends something that is sure to crack me up.

She sent many wonderful treats- along with this adorable truck ornament.


Then Grace also surpized me with this pretty snow angel. 

I also received 7 of the most fabulous ornaments- through an ornament swap hosted by Grace.

In return, I made faux Christmas donuts for my ornaments. They look good enough to eat!

 So for now, I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas! Don't forget to put out some carrots for the Reindeer too ;)

Santa...I believe!!

xox

4 comments:

  1. I always say that you cram more living in a day than most people! I'm sure you had a blast in NYC...so much going on at Christmas time! I loved seeing all of the close-up pictures of your gifts from friends...such cute things. Love the felt ornaments. Your donuts look real enough to eat. I'm sure you'll make a Happy Christmas for your family...be sure to take some time for yourself!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and all your family. Have a fabulous time.

    Victoria xxx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, Your little man is growing up so fast . . . what a cutie. Your new ornaments are adorable, especially the cocoa mug and Christmas tree with a spool of thread. At first, I thought you made some donuts, unbelievable they look so real. Have a beautiful Christmas holiday with your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly dont know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete

I just love your comments :)